Home >>Technology support
All new instraction are in our new website , Please click here
Exception Handles Flow Chart
Note: DO NOT CLEAN THE
PRINTER HEAD MORE THAN 7 TIMES
1. Cleaning Problems
2. Ink Problems
3. Colour Resolution Problem
4. Lubricating Problem
5. Problem on Installation
6. Long Time no Work on Printer
7. Air Leak on Ink Cartridge
8. Damage on Cartridge Chips
9. Wire Blockage
All time small plug of tanks must be open and CISS must be in a same level of your printer.
1. Cartridges Cleaning Problem:
1) Ink accumulated at printer waste-ink tank, when printing, colour mixed.
2) Printer does cleaning procedures automatically.
3) The light indicator on the printer flashing alternately
When do cleaning procedures, it can dredge printer head, get rid of the ink with air bubble,
and keep good printing output. However, there is waste-ink calculator in each Epson
printer, when it is full, the light indicator will be flashing alternately. Then, you need to send
the printer to maintenance centre, and clear the calculator to zero. Now, I think you can
see you'd better try to do less cleaning. Sometimes, when you do cleaning, you maybe
Hear some special noise, then you need to stop cleaning, and cleaning the ink leaked out,
Keep printer silence for about 30 minutes, then this problem can be settled naturally.
For waste-ink calculator, if you need do a lot of printing work, we suggest you to clear the
calculator to zero when you use out one full set of system ink (600ml) each time according
to EPSON maintenance software.
2. Ink Problem:
1) When print test pages, you find line missing on one colour or several colour, but other
Colours are ok, even after do many cleaning, things keep the same.
2) During printing, you always find wire blocked, printer head blocked or line missing for
some colours (most time is the same colour).
3) Print output is much difference from original picture.
4) When print photos, the performance is without high resolution and brilliancy.
5) You can find sediment in the ink of external ink tank.
Above said is resulted from ink quality, suggest you to use our brand ink. Now there are a
lot of ink manufacturer, but the quality is much difference. After our test, only a few brand
ink is with stable quality, and even less with equal quality to Epson original ink. General
Speaking, the ink for continuous inking system should be better than for compatible
Cartridges and the ink for compatible cartridges will be better than some bulk packed refill
Our ink is made according to our own formula; the performance is vivid with high
Resolution, and the character is very good for our continuous inking system.
If you just purchase empty system from us, and use your own ink, you should do some
main test on your ink as following:
1. Ink will not block all wires during six month
2. There is no ink sediment during three month.
3. There is no ink dry piece and block printer head in one month.
4. There is no serious line or colour missing in 15 days.
5. There is no line missing at next days in five days.
6. After installation finished, the cleaning times will not over three (including natural
7. When printing, just light colour declination, but black colour is good.
3. Color resolution problem:
1) After printing, colour file become black output.
2) Printing output is much different from original file or even to the contrary.
Check printing selection to see if you have chosen B&W INK or BLACK OUTPUT, if be
sure not , do printing nozzle test, printing test pages, if find serious line missing, please try
again. After three times cleaning later, things keep same, please reference to " Air bubble
remove from ink cartridge".
When line test ok, please printing four colour or six colour block(according to printer model)
and contrast it to original colour block, try to find our if make mistake on cartridge order.
General speaking, the order with four colour is Y→M→C→BK; the order with six colour is
Y→LM→M→LC→C→BK. If cartridges are in wrong order, please take off the ink wire of
continuous inking system and clean them clearly, then change the cartridges to new ones.
4. Lubricating problem:
1) During cartridge holder moving, it crush the left and right side of printer, and make
2) Paper insert button is not work and can't insert new paper.
3) Paper insert indicator light is flashing and shows Signal Error.
4) Printing place is not right and to the left.
These problems main happen on Epson printer 700/780/1200, resulted from the bounce
of cartridge holder belt, when you lubricate the cartridge holder rail, these problems can
Use clean paper to wipe some LB-A lubricating oil on the rail, pull cartridge holder back
and forth and let the rail share lubricating oil equally (Do not spray or drop the oil to the rail
directly), then go on following steps:
・When printer is on, pull out power wire, then cartridge holder .
・Find out a white piece that under the black cartridge's holder.
・Use tweezers to pull down(forward) this whiter piece, pull out cartridge holder from the
・Then push cartridge holder to the left till it can't move.
・Plug on power wire.
・Now cartridge holder belt will reset his place, and cartridge holder will stop at original
5. Problem on Installation:
1) During printing, red indicator light is on.
2) During printing, ink wire always crushes with two sides of printer body.
3) Not well stick the wire rack.
The ink wire length can't be too long, adjust it to the right size.
・If ink wire is too long, it will crush the printer body during printing. During printing, pull
out power wire, use hand to move cartridge holder to the right and then to the left, adjust
・If ink wire is too short, it will also cause red indicator light flashing during printing, you
also need adjust length according above step.
・Ink wire crushing with printer body always happen on Epson printer
780/790/810/820/830/C61 etc., the upside body of these printer is in arc shape. If use
softer or lighter wire, this problem can be reduced, but it will cause ink blocked problem.
Our ink wire is up to the need of continuous inking system, if you well install the system, it
can work well.
・If you can't well fix the rack, just please change with new sponge sticker.
6. Long time no work on printer:
1) Printer has not been used for about one month, now it can't work as usual.
2) Printer is not often used, three month later printer have problem on printing.
If long time no use on printer, it may cause following three cases:
・If external tank ink surface is lower than printer head, ink will flow back to the tank
stronger than to the ink cartridges, so air bubble will resulted at ink cartridges, when
printing, you will find line missing.
・When printer head at original right side, if rubber seal can't well cover printer head, the
air will come in and damage printer head, ink will be dry or oxygen.
・If put printer in the environment of high temperature, dry circumstances, or under direct
sunshine, this will result the ink in the wire or printer head to be volatilization, dry or
Following measures will settle above problems, please do accordingly:
・If you will not use printer for long time, please print test sheet, you'd better print about
10 pages of four colour or six colour block, and be sure test result is good.
・Do print cleaning step, when cartridge holder at original right side, pull out power wire,
move cartridge holder to left side by hand, use wet mop to clean the rubber seal(at right
side of printer) carefully, then move back cartridge holder to the right side by hand.
・Check ink surface in external tank, do not let ink surface lower than printer head.
・Store printer and continuous system in the environment without high temperature and
7. Air leak on ink cartridges:
1) During use, one ink wire exist long air bubble
2) During use, all ink wire exist long air bubble
When install continuous inking system, there will exist a little space with air bubble
always(under15cm), you no need to care about this, this is result by the air temperature,
when you printing, the air bubble will die away. But if one wire line with very long air
bubble, please check cartridge and wire connected jet, perhaps here is not well connected,
you can check and connect it again. If all ink wire exist long air bubble, this perhaps is air
leak on ink cartridges, please check and change the ink cartridges (most is the cartridges
not well sealed)
8. Damage on cartridge chips:
1) Ink indicator light is in red, it will not change after reopen
2) It is no use even you reset the chips by chip decoder machine
3) When press print head cleaning button, it is no work.
4) Cancel the printing procedures, light is still in red
5) Reopen the computer, light is keep in red.
1) For Epson printer, when you take out cartridges and re-install, it will result line missing,
you need do cleaning or testing procedures for several times. (Combo chips have a small bottom (white switch), then you don’t need remove out the cartridges. Only you should hold the bottom for 5 second .)
2) If cartridges with chips, please check following cases:
・Not well install ink cartridges
・Not well fix the chips
・Chip pin on the cartridge holder is deformed
・Chips have been damaged
When you well install the cartridges and fix the chips, you can settle first and second case,
but for third case, it result by taking out the cartridge without well fixed chip in rude, you
need ask maintenance person to take out print head, adjust chip pin or change a new one.
For fourth cases, it happens when you use chip decoder to reset the chips, and you can
use another chip decoder to have a try, if no use, you can only change the chips.
Continuous inking system is equipped with permanent chips, you no need to take out the
cartridges for chip decode, so it much reduce the possibility of chip damage.
3) Except use chip decoder to reset chips, there are a lot of software to reset the chips,
but some software will damage the printer, so you can only do this under the instruction of
9. Ink wire blockage:
1) When you use injector to draw out ink for many times, most drawn out is air.
2) You can't find one colour entirely (most is black colour)
First take procedures as "pump air from ink cartridge", if you find there is no ink flowing
into the injector after hard pump, you can be sure the ink wire is blocked, and please do
according following steps:
・Cartridge nozzle is blocked.
Seal all the plugs of external ink tank, turn it over, use injector to draw out the ink from
cartridge nozzle, then it can be dredged.
・Joint elbow is blocked.
Pull out the joint elbow from the upside of cartridges, check if it is blocked. If yes, use
clean water to clean it, then use injector to dredge it.
・Ink wire blocked.
If you are sure cartridge nozzle and joint elbow is dredged, use injector to draw ink from
the cartridge nozzle, if ink surface at external tank will not lower, you can be sure ink wire
is blocked. You can first check if there is foreign body at the two sides of ink wire, if yes,
try to dredge it. If other parts of the wire blocked, you can only contact with our local
・Air filter at external tank is blocked.
Please check air filter, and clean it.
Note: If you have any other problems with this Continuous Ink System, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.